Saturday, September 03, 2005

Yet another day in the lap of luxury!

The people here are so friendly. Bonnie says it's probably because we're used to New Englanders, but being loathe to speak ill of my beloved NH, I'll just say it's because everyone is relaxed and happy!
Today was a day in the sun. We were able to do some shopping, and then got to have a "Dolphin Encounter." Everyone on the tour sat on the edge of the water, with our feet in the pool, and the dolphins swam around. Then four at a time we got to get in the water with them and stroke their backs and get kisses from them. I have the pictures to prove it! :)
But really, even though the day was spectacular, I must report more about the FOOD! Tonight for dinner I had chilled strawberry bisque, Caesar salad & quail for the main course. It was all scrumptious. The strawberry bisque made me feel so cultured, but really, even though the name is all pretty, it tasted a lot like melted strawberry shake. Yum! And the quail? So good, actually. It was really funny looking, because it was such a little bird (the drumsticks was much smaller than my pinkie) but stuffed with yummy herb stuffing.
Tonight I went into the room and when the staff turned down my bed, they made a sculpture out of the brand new towels that they brought. It was a cute little elephant, and they had taken my sunglasses & propped them over the elephant's eyes.
Well, I'm tired, and must get some sleep before tomorrow's fun... I just looked at the time. I guess it's today's fun now!
Stay tuned!

6 comments:

drewey fern said...

Hurrah!!! I'm so happy for you! It sounds pretty heavenly. Savor every moment! And thanks for the updates - I love hearing about it!

Anonymous said...

Dad and I are vicariously enjoying your marvelous cruise--the food (no calories for us!), the dolphins and towel elephants, and all the rest. Dad said it's like we have ringside seats.

3 cheers for the Lord's goodness. Love to you and Bonnie.

Mom

brilynne said...

How many towels did it take to make an elephant?

Kristi said...

Sounds awesome, Lindsay! After my parents' cruise, they told stories of the "towel sculptures." They even did an alligator and a bunny, I think. And they used my dad's sunglasses for one of them. Have a super wonderful time! (So...have you met anybody yet?? Heehee!)

melrandall said...

I had that same meal on OUR cruise!!! Yum! I'm all about the chilled soups now...
I'm so jealous that you got to swim with dolphins! They didn't really have that option in Canada, strangely enough. Glad you're having a fabulous time-- make sure you blow everyone out of the water in karaoke at least once.

Linds said...

I think they only used two towels for the elephant, Bria - and I forgot to mention in my post, but tonight's towl was a sting ray...