Monday, October 03, 2005

Memories... and God

Yesterday I was overwhelmed with memories and sorrow. It was beautiful fall day, just like one year ago, and the memories of that Sunday afternoon threatened to undo me.
I went to a nearby park to walk... and talk with God. And even though I wanted it to help, I was afraid it wouldn't. But God knew better. And He came and met me. I walked up a very long, very green hill, and right at the top, amidst the sea of green, was a lone yellow flower. And with tears flowing, I picked up my God flower, and knew that He cared, and that He was watching little me. And like I wrote on my blog regarding one year ago today, "The peace was as real as the tears. The road will be long, the tears will be many, but I truly believe that God has a plan, and its not for me to doubt Him. I’ve done enough of that lately, and its time to trust."

3 comments:

Booker said...

Thank God for God! I am glad you had the time you did...

pennyjean said...

Thank you, Lindsay. What a good reminder that the peace that His love brings is present through the tears.

Kate said...

Amen Lindsay! God is good. I love you!