Sunday, October 23, 2005

Notes From the Diva's Dressing Room

So, on Friday night, right before the curtain went up for Opening Night, one of the members of the Board of Directors from Bedford Off Broadway came up to our dressing room with a program... a fresh one that showed that Lindsay M Jones was indeed the actress playing three small roles in "The Boys Next Door." Yes, my stint as a hispanic diva was over, and I was back to the real me. The Board felt so badly about the misspelling that they reprinted that page and did an insert in each one of the programs.
And to further add to my feeling like a diva, the director brought both Mary (the one other female cast member) and myself some of the most beautiful roses I have ever seen. And there were people there from work, and they also had an amazing bouquet of flowers for me. So when I got home at almost one that night (or Saturday morning, as the case may be) I put both bouquets in vases and brought them into my room, so that I would see them as soon as I woke up.
Then last night, Aunt Jeannette was at the show, and brought me a huge bouquet of some of the prettiest, most yummy smelling tiny pink carnations. So this morning, my first experience of the day was the wonderful smell of three bouquets! And my second was seeing the source of that smell. What a way to wake up!

6 comments:

drewey fern said...

May you be the recipient of many more bouquets, Diva Jones! I'm so happy for you, and can't wait to see your talent in person.

the Joneses said...

I'm so glad your name was corrected -- otherwise, what a disappointing way to make your stage debut! (You know how I am about name spellings...) I'm looking forward to hearing how the performances went.

-- SJ

CARmelo said...

your joy was leaping off the page! You really seem satisfied doing stuff theatrically....and your spanish name,as Isaac will attest, is Jonezalez not Hones...oh and did you eat those yummy smelling flowers?

Booker said...

rock on Diva Jones :) See you Saturday...

Isaac Demme said...

lol -- Melo speaks the truth

Claire said...

I'm sorry to have missed your performance, you star of the stage. Congrats and bravos and encores are in order, I'm sure...Mucho love, C