Thursday, September 07, 2006

I Wonder if the Pioneers Played "The Camping Game"

On the way to Nova Scotia (having left at 4:06 Friday morning) Evan, Jill & I amused ourselves by playing a rousing rendition of the camping game.

By the end I was laughing so hard it hurt, and I claimed the rights to blog about it. Perhaps it was a "had to be there" moment, but you try saying all of these from memory as fast as you can, with three children hollering at you from the backseat, and see if it doesn't make you laugh!

Without further ado, I offer you our list of what we'd bring if we went camping. Maybe this is why we don't do it very often!

Aborigines arrayed in Abercrombie & Fitch apperal (Way to start us off, Evan!)

Beautiful baboons

Celestial Seasonings tea

Dunkin Donuts

Egg salad sandwiches

Frankfurters

Gnomes

Happy, Healthy horses

Italian Ice

Jellyfish (this was Jed's contribution from the backseat)

Klutzes

Legs (after this Jill burst out laughing at what our RV would look like filled with all of this stuff - and a special seat just for the legs)

Mango smoothies

Nine ninny nincompoops (thank you, Evan!)

Orange ogres (apparently this person has not seen Shrek)

(A) Pleasant Princess

(A) Quintessentially quaint queen

Rapid roadrunners

Slinky

Ten tufted titmouse's in tuxedos

Ucalalies on unicycles (nothing I put in spellcheck will accept that word!)

Vicious velocaraptors (at first I typed velocaraptures, and this conjured up all sorts of heavenly flying dinosaurs, rising from their graves at the end of time!)

Willy Wonka's wacky waffles

Xavier's extra xylophones

Yaks from Yemen

Zany Zebras from Zimbabwe

6 comments:

Kristi said...

Sounds like you had way too much fun! ;-)

the Joneses said...

I want me a velocirapture! That made me laugh.

--DJ

Susan Elizabeth said...

I have never seen a beautiful baboon in all of the years of my life! Sounds like you had fun...glad you're back, safe and sound.

See you 'round!

Booker said...

ukelele perhaps?

heavenly dinosaurs indeed :-)

Claire said...

Ha HAAAA! Oh my word- what a riot! I love those games. I liked the yaks from Yemen....and the velociraptures...
( somehow an image of a floating Barney forced its way into my brain)... and the legs...and the aborigines...

lis said...

Giggling away!