Monday, September 25, 2006

Stapled & Bored

Well, I'm on the upswing... to the tune of not taking the pain meds every six to eight hours - now it's every 10 - 12!

I sit in my living room for awhile, and then think I have energy. So I decide to use the energy. And I get up, and come over to my laptop (which gets better wi-fi coverage in the kitchen) and see if anyone has emailed me or commented on my blog.

That checked, and having used all my accumulated energy, I slink back to the chair in the living room.

It's really hard to sit in the living room and listen to the kids playing outside. I want to be outside playing with them as well! Yesterday Tucker was crying and I didn't care if it popped every staple out of place as I pulled him up on to my lap. (Thankfully, it didn't :)

Lest I think of all the things that I wish I could do, I keep trying to think of thankfuls:

* Four get well cards sitting on my table
* Two bouquets of flowers
* Season One of House on DVD :)
* Emails and phone calls
* Jill popping in during quiet time
* Walking a-l-l the way to the mailbox today!
* Sleeping on my side last night

There are more, but my energy tank just started dinging, saying I needed to get back to the chair.

9 comments:

Susan Elizabeth said...

Sooo glad you're on the upswing. See you 'round the hood!

CKS said...

I'll comment on your blog to reward one of those ordeals getting into the kitchen!!!

Heal quickly...be happy...peace, dude.

Aaron said...

Keep getting well soon!

Mrs. RF said...

So glad you are on the mend...and may your energy tank not ding too many times today...

Anonymous said...

Get better sooooon! Love you Lindsay!

Unknown said...

Um, the anonymous comment was me. Sorry! I think this is the first time it's ever happened to me...AARGH!

Booker said...

Enjoy Season 2 :-) Lots of "medicall'y" things to keep you occupied ;-)

Amy K said...

Lindsay, I'm glad you're okay! Although I'm behind on blog reading and wasn't able to pray for the surgery, you will be in our prayers for a speedy recovery!!!

Love,
Amy

ljm said...

Oooo, I love House too. Hope you heal quickly!