Saturday, September 23, 2006

"Sanka, Ya Dead Mon?"

"Ya, Mon"

Well, here I am... not quite dead, but not the liveliest I've ever been.

Even though the pain was a lot more than I expected, God's fingerprints were all over yesterday' proceedings. And then I saw all the comments of people who had prayed, and it became apparent why things went so well.


(FYI - Mayhaps it would not be wise for queasy peeps to read on)

Sue picked me up at 10:30 and we arrived at the hospital. The nurses took me in to prep, the anesethesiologist came and told me all the bad things that could happen (All the way from loss of voice to death) and the surgeon stopped by. I think the worst part was they took me into the OR before I was asleep. It's so sterile and scary, but then they put a mask on me and said, "OK, Lindsay, start taking some breaths," and then I woke up in recovery.

The nurse who took care of me was a doll, and she gave me lots of drugs and didn't freak out when I thought I was going to throw up. (Thankfully, I didn't! And yes, you're welcome for the details :)

Sue was a trooper and she stayed for the entire time. She was with me in prep and in recovery, and then when I got home (much later than we expected), Drewey was here and waiting to take care of me.

I have four little incisions on my stomach, that I stare at peridiocally - not like I can forget they're there, as they pinch a little...

So, that's all for now, because the drugs are kicking in.

Just some thanks before I go:

*Jill brought flowers last night, as did Drewey, so I have so many beautiful yellow flowers in my house. Jill also was wonderful during this past week, checking in on me, letting me come over and get some socialization, etc.
*Evan brought the TV down to the living room, so that Drewey and I can watch movies without going upstairs. (I did three stairs and that did me in)
*The kids are all loving, and like to look at the bandages, and it kills me to not be able to pick them up!
*Mom and Dad have stayed in constant touch via phone with many verbal hugs, and boatloads of prayers
*Amy's been stopping by in the evenings
*Sue has sent daily emails to take my mind off things, and put an addition on her heavenly mansion by taking me yesterday
*Drewey gave me hourly backrubs last night, and even rigged up her cell phone so that if she didn't hear me when I called, I could call her cell phone... she was on a mattress at the end of my bed :)
*I've gotten so many other voicemail messages, and each one means so much
*And the comments from the various posts this past week have also meant the world

I am rich!

11 comments:

Booker said...

Glad you didn't die :-) And I was going to see if there was anything I could do, but it sounds like the "people doing stuff for you" department is pretty well covered :-) Get well real soon...

ljm said...

Glad that is over with...and hope your recovery goes well.

Unknown said...

I love you Lindsay! And hope you will feel MUCH better in the future. The near future. :)

pennyjean said...

I love you! I wish I could be there. But here is a long distance (and gentle) hug!

Kristi said...

Glad it went okay, Lindsey, and you have some wonderful ministering angels.

Oh, and I hate it when doctors or nurses tell you all the things that COULD happen, 'cause then you think that those things are really going to happen!

Susan Elizabeth said...

Didja get your iced chai yet?

the Joneses said...

That sounds a lot like my recent surgery experience, only I ended up with a baby and you just got bandages. Not really a fair trade. Prayer does great things! I hope your recovery is speedy and relaxing.

-- SJ

Aaron said...

So glad the operation went well! Get well soon! Like, soon enough so that I don't have to play the piano again for church next week.... :)

melrandall said...

More LOVE to Lindsay!!! I'm glad Drewey is there with ever-present nurture and comfort... she's good at that. Blessings on your head and stomach!

Mrs. RF said...

So thankful you are on the mend...blessings on you as you recover!

Anonymous said...

So glad it went well! Have been praying for you lots!

Love you!!