Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Pollyanna Is Not Dead

Generally, I try and see the good side of life. I try to make a conscious effort to focus on the "pro" side of a graph, rather than the "con," referring to it as my Pollyanna side.

Today was a day where I just couldn't rise above it. Work was so heavy, and I couldn't focus on anything positive. I sent an email to a friend stating "Pollyanna died in her sleep last night."

But, she didn't die... she just decided to stay home from work today.

She met me as a little blonde two year old, running to me with lit up face, so happy I was home from work. She wrapped her dirty-from-being-outside-all-day arms around my neck, and held on for dear life.

She was also in a wonderful summer-is-almost-here dinner of corn on the cob and salad.

And my precious apartment, that stays so cool when the weather is turning warmer.

No, Pollyanna is not dead!

Hurray!

7 comments:

Susan Elizabeth said...

Glad you have that little girl to greet you every night. Nothing sweeter than a child's hug when you have had a hard day.

Booker said...

You know, I think I too used to have a Pollyanna side! When Life was bright and sunny; Dreams were bigger than Big and the Moon was within reach! Ahhh.

Oh wait. That wasn't me after all ;-) heh, heh, heh...

Susan Elizabeth said...

Oh man.

Amy K said...

This made me laugh because I tend to get a lot of "thank you, Pollyanna" comments. :)

lis said...

What, DJ? You had me confused for a minute there!

Loved this post, too, Lindsay. :O)

Anonymous said...

I love your precious brain and the way it thinks. This was a great encouragement!

TripleNine said...

There's nothing wrong with leaving Pollyana at home. Most of the time I leave home before she's even awake :)