Monday, October 29, 2007

A Glimpse Back

She affectionately referred to me as "one of my best friends."

She jokingly called me "mom."

She would have been 27 today.

And she wrote this in my yearbook... "Never give up, never look back, and always have a box of tissues on hand - I hear the road is rough."

Little did she know, a good many of those tissues would be used mourning her.

But because of her, I try to live my life to the full... to never give up... and never look back.

However, on her birthday, I'm allowed a brief glimpse back... and the use of a few more tissues.

4 comments:

Claire said...

Big, long hugs to you, my friend...

KJ said...

I love you Lindsay.
Thanks for sharing the memories... she's a special one and soon we'll be laughing with her again!

Anonymous said...

Hey thanks for the reminder Linds. Its funny how you mentioned the yearbook because I just took mine to work on Sunday and was looking at it and reading what Mindy wrote in it. WOW how we miss her. I love you Linds

Kate said...

27? How old! How much she is still so young in my mind.

So many times I notice people and think, 'she looks like Mindy' and I smile happily. Looking forward to seeing her again...

Thanks for the reminder.