Monday, April 13, 2009

Operation: Outside the Box... Day Two

(and don't worry, they wont all bear this title... but it's working for now)

I MADE IT THROUGH MY FIRST DAY!

There were some bumps, but nothing that threw me off my game. I felt so peaceful and knew that it was because I have so many people in my corner, praying and supporting! So, thank you, my peeps!

I didn't start training until 1:00, so I had time to get set up and feel settled.

Met some good people! Met some other people... you know... the ones who make you appreciate the good people.

I wont bore you with the details of after work I drove around a bit to familiarize myself with my new town, picked up dinner, and got back to the hotel 11 hours after I left it this morning.

Oh, and here's my funny story of the day:

I had just gotten settled in my room when someone knocked on my door. Not just a knock, knock, but a knock.. knock, knock, knock, knock... knock... knock. See, on Chestnut Hill, a knock on the door just means that it's someone who DOESN'T have a key to my house, and hasn't already let themselves in. I got on my tiptoes and looked out the peephole. Didn't see a weapon, so figured I was safe and opened the door. It was the bellman (is that their politically correct term??) to hand deliver a note from the corporate manager inviting me upstairs for free drinks, yummy food, and for free breakfasts each morning.

My heart = jump-started!

1 comment:

Susan Elizabeth said...

Sounds like a great start! Thanks for the updates...love hearing about it!

(sounds like a really nice hotel!)