Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Am I Flypaper for Freaks??

Another weird phone thing happened today. This is getting sketchy!

I got a text message on my cell phone.

"Do you get text messages?" it said.

"Yes I do - but who are you?" I replied, as I didn't recognize the phone number this came from.

"Brian," came back the one word response.

I didn't even reply, because I know no Brian's who have my cell phone number.

"So, how are you today?" came the next message, with hardly any delay.

"I'm good, but still puzzled as to who you are," I sent back.

"Brian - your EX," came the (I can only imagine) hurt reply.

"Um - I have no EXes - this is Lindsay," I replied with no delay, then followed it up with a voicemail to the phone number that these messages had been coming from. "This is Lindsay - I've been receiving your text messages but wanted to let you know I'm not the person you think you know. I've had this phone number for over two years, so not quite sure who you're trying to contact."

I got a curt text back in a minute... "Sorry - wrong number."

Oh yes it was!

5 comments:

Booker said...

Man, why do you get all the fun things happening to you on the phone? I think I'v gotten one wrong number since I've had my phone and they realized it was wrong as soon as I answered. Doom on you!!!

Rachelle said...

My brother-in-law called asking my husband to talk to his sexy wife (or something along those lines). The interrogation began (jokingly of course because MJR recognized his voice). "I'm the jealous type so can I have your name please?" "I'm an old fling from high school." As this was related to me, I shot back, "Sorry I didn't have a high school fling." Game over.

Kate said...

Good grief Lindsay! You need to change your phone # or something.

By the way, I dreamed about you last night. We were riding a motocycle. That was all, but it was good!

Amy K said...

Funny story! And funny that "Brian" didn't know his ex-girlfriend could receive text messaging or not. (Isn't that what people do when they date, text message all the time?) Maybe he just WISHED he were her boyfriend!

the Joneses said...

I think it's funny that so many of us reading your post skimmed right over the "But I don't have any exes" remark without realizing how unbelievable that would sound to "normal" people.

Maybe we could start identifying ourselves like that: "My name is Sara. No H. No X."

-- SJ