Monday, April 18, 2005

OCD not for me!

I was just reading a book and one of the characters was described as such a meticulous housekeeper that when preparing a peanut butter sandwich, she would wash the knife & put it away before she would even finish making the sandwich. That made me want to howl with laughter! Not exactly my housekeeping style.
I take pride in having a nicely picked up house, but this evening as I was working my way through a (whisper) week's worth of dishes (which, when you're single & don't have a lot of time to cook is not a big deal... it didn't even fill up a counter) I thought that the character in the book may just have something in washing as you go!

3 comments:

Booker said...

Well, if this didn't make me look as bad as it does you, I would be making smart remarks left and right! Sometimes you just can't win...

Rachelle said...

Another reason I loved being your roommate. You never let things get left out so long anything nasty grew but I never felt bad if I was too tired to do dishes one night. You, my dear, are a balanced person. You are comfortable with yourself and people are more important than spotless houses. :) rlr

Kate said...

How funny! I am much more of the weeks-worth (or at least day's worth) of dishes type...
Linds, Lisa and I were sitting on a bench in the city center today, talking about your mom! She came up in our rather meandering conversation and Lisa proceeded to talk about how very special she was. I couldn't agree more. And besides, look what a lovely daughter she has...