Wednesday, April 06, 2005

R-E-S-P-E-C-T

Today was BEEE-oootiful! I drove home the whole way with the windows down!
And it reminded me of one of my happiest memories of feeling one with the human race happened this last summer. Four of us were driving home from getting a pizza, and had the windows rolled down, basking in the summer breezes. We were waiting at a stop light when someone from the front seat made a verbal stab at me. From the back seat, I, with Aretha-Franklin-like vocals, sang with all my might, "R-E-S-P-E-C-T" to the offending person in the front.
Then, to my utmost delight & surprise, "that is what it means to me" floated over the air-waves into our car from the woman to our right, also sitting in her car waiting for a green light.

1 comment:

drewey fern said...

Guess who has two thumbs and is so glad she was fortunate enough to have been there?! That was definitely a "yay for other sanguines in the world!" moment. There must be a way to tap into this kind of a thing to secure world peace or something...