Tuesday, April 19, 2005

I Love my BED!

A few weeks ago one of my friends said that she smiles as she's getting ready for bed, because she's thinks of the multiple times she's heard me loudly proclaim how much I love my bed & how much I look forward to going to sleep each night. It's really pathetic, because sometimes in the evening all of the sudden I'll get wicked excited, because I'll think about going to bed. It's especially bad now that Mom & Dad bought me fleece sheets & they're so cozy I could just sleep for hours.

In a book I was just reading I saw this quote, and knew that I had found a fast friend. Too bad they were in a book!

"Me, I've always thought sleep was a wonderful invention. Not that being awake isn't nice too, of course. But when I get up in the morning I think, boy, only fourteen more hours and I can be back to sleep again. I like to see the covers turned down and waiting and the pillows puffed up so I can hop right in. And I never dream, because it distracts my mind from pure sleeping, so to speak..."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh! I love that quote. Wherever did you read it? I too love my bed. I don't really need the fleece sheets being down here in the "south", but I certainly have my favorite set. I can also identify with the "Only 14 more hours till I can be back in bed" only it's usually because I didn't get enough sleep and don't really want to wake up early to go to work. Heheh.

Booker said...

Wow, taking sleep to an artform. I can see making it a science, but this is even more...

Rachelle said...

Aunt Lindsay--I love my bed too. Mom thinks I'm weird when I ask to get into it and then don't go to sleep for an hour. But I love to be high and throw my stuffed animals and then be quiet and read books and then curl up with my blankets and go to sleep. --Ben