Sunday, January 16, 2005

Can't think of an original title...

On Friday I got a call at work, and the lady was extremely upset! She ripped me up one side & down the other before I could even say that she was in the wrong department & I couldn't do a thing to help her. When I finally got a word in edgewise, and informed her of this, she said, "And I just yelled at you for nothing. Forget transferring me to someone else, I just want to talk to your supervisor."

About an hour later I got an email from the "supervisor" (there is a specific queue of reps at Oxford who take calls from the irate callers who ask for supervisors - they aren't transferred to our real team leaders) who said that the lady had asked that she follow up with me, because she had "not been very nice & ripped me out & wanted to apologize."

Perhaps my faith in human kindness & decency isn't quite dead.

No comments: