Saturday, January 29, 2005

This dairy thing...

So this morning was "Donut Day." Since I'm trying to not have dairy for a week, I abstained from my weekly iced coffee (because it has lots of yummy cream in it), and got an orange juice. And instead of getting a Boston Creme donut, I got a bagel.... but completely spaced it & got chive CREAM CHEESE on it. Didn't even realize it until I was several bites in. I was like, "Oooh - this is so good... so creamy & tastes like cheeee..... OH SHOOT!!"
While I howled about it, Evan said, "I was kind of wondering what your thought process was, not getting cream in a coffee, but getting cream cheese."
Sigh... it's hard to be me!

2 comments:

Aaron said...

tell me about it. love cara

the Joneses said...

Well, you can always let the people behind the counter do all the work for you: "I'm not supposed to have dairy. Does the iced coffee have dairy in it? How about the Boston Cream doughnut? Okay, no, I'm not supposed to have dairy. Does the bagel have dairy in it? How about the cream cheese? Because I'm not supposed to have..." -- SJ