Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Parable of the Frugal Shopper

Last week I was in the Gap & saw the most precious scarf. Having just spent too much money during the Christmas season, I decided to refrain from buying said scarf. I thought about this scarf all week. It was just so darn cute - kind of a pinky/coral color with ribbon threaded through each end, tied into little bows that just made the whole scarf ultra chic.

And I decided that I needed this scarf. So, I went to the mall last night. I walked into Gap & found lots of scarves. There were chartruese ones with bows, cream ones with bows, even red ones with bows, but no pinky/coral ones with bows. Mine had been sold out.

The moral to this parable.... buy what you want when you see it, because it might not be there the next week.

"And that," said Lindsay, "is that!"

7 comments:

the Joneses said...

The moral *could* be that you just weren't meant to have that scarf... SJ

Linds said...

Like my moral better! :)

Rachelle said...

Is this it? http://www.gap.com/asp/Product.asp?wdid=206474&wpid=266713 If it is, have credit card, can get. :) rlr

Linds said...

That was definitely the most exciting thing ever, til I saw that the pink ones were sold out! Thanks for looking that up for me, Rachelle :)
I forgot to put the funniest part about this whole experience in the blog... when I told Mom she said, "That's ok - I'm sure you'll find one at a yard sale in about five years, and you can get it then!" Hope deferred and all that!

Rachelle said...

Linds-Bummer, they weren't sold out when I was on earlier. However, Ebay has the same scarf: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3007&item=6736345296&rd=1 only the person is charging $8 shipping. The bid is decent though if you REALLY want it NOW.

Anonymous said...

cheap ugg boots ekljdvgz cheap uggs zowfskbe ugg boots sale juslgdnl ugg boots uk fzsnmzem ugg boots wzskfujw ugg sale exuwazmi

Anonymous said...

tory burch ddlgqdyx トリーバーチ iphoneケース zlfabucn トリーバーチ バッグ pquwvbus トリーバーチ 財布 kxnvxubj トリーバーチ 店舗 vpbfhoxp トリーバーチ 靴 mtvjkpvz トリーバーチ zdpnjpln トリーバーチ新作 rvlxyttd