Monday, January 10, 2005

Just another work day...

Today I spoke to an angry man on the phone. Any different than other days at work? No. I talk to upset people every day I'm at work. The only difference was, the man today decided to verbalize his angst against my place of employment. Having informed me what his issue was, he then stated, "I probably shouldn't say this on the phone, but if (the specific department that he was angry at) receives a letter bomb, they better not look at my account."
You're right, buddy. You probably shouldn't have said that. "Our company takes threats of that nature very seriously. I will now disconnect the call & follow up with my supervisor. Good bye."
Sure - I don't think he's sitting in his house constructing a device to send me to Heaven, but it did make me feel exceptionally uncomfortable. Who knows if anything will come of it. Sometimes the police get involved & show up at our threatening member's homes to advise them that what they just said wasn't the smartest thing ever. Sometimes the issue is just dropped.

And people wonder why I pause for a minute when they ask me how much I love my job...

No comments: