Sunday, January 30, 2005

"I love you more than a bandana..."

I had another date with Jed today. Having let him choose the place we would eat at, we started on our way to Pizza Hut again. It’s very important to him to have a schedule, so I laid out for him what the afternoon would entail. “First, we’re going to Wal-Mart to drop film off, then we’ll go to eat, then get a car wash, then maybe some grocery shopping, and then back to Wal-Mart to pick up the pictures.”

“Sounds like a plan,” came from the back seat.

On the way he was showing me the new Bible Jill had let him use today at church. “Oh look - here’s a map of Israel,” he said. “How’d you know that?” I asked. “Mommy told me,” he said. “I kind of pretend to read chapters, because I don’t know how to read yet. Don’t let me forget to bring my Bible into Pizza Hut, and I’ll read you a chapter.”

We dropped the film off, and started for Pizza Hut. Once there, he called Grandpa & Nana in Nova Scotia for a quick (and I do mean quick - that child does not have a love affair with the phone) chat, and then he opened his Bible to “read” to me. He got out “God is good,” before he decided that maybe I should read. After a bit more encouragement, he flipped through the pages a few more times, and then put the Bible up so he could dive into the croutons I had gotten for him from the salad bar.

Aunt Lindsay being sleepy after a lunch of pizza, I asked him if he wanted to drive on the way home. “No,” he wisely said, “The police guys might stop us & put us in jail.”

On the way back to Wal-Mart to pick up the pictures, I said, “Guess what, Buddy? Aunt Lindsay loves you.” To this he replied, “I love you more than a bandana. I love you more than a cow-guy loves his wife.” I bet that's a lot!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Lindsay! I tried calling you Saturday because I had a sudden craving for cinnamon rolls as described in a previous post (the ones that can be frozen, and that were used as bait to get you to Jed's house for the surprise visit from your parents) and besides the wintry weather made me think of you! It sounds like you had a great weekend anyway. Happy Monday now!

~Rose

Cara said...

hey lindsay,
see why i love to babysit that angel? (he's USUALLY an angel, at least) love cara

Kevin said...

>>>Once there, he called Grandpa & Nana in Nova Scotia for a quick (and I do mean quick - that child does not have a love affair with the phone)>>>

Good thing he doesn't have a love affair with those phones. Mobile phones tumour risk to young children. ;)