Thursday, March 10, 2005

Dr Cuteness, Miss Hyde

The Cuteness has never been an acceptionally affectionate cat, but she does her best to show me that she tolerates me. She'll sit on my lap while I watch TV, but heaven forbid I pet her while she's there. She just likes me to lay a hand on her back & leave it there. I guess in her mind, being petted is admitting that she's an animal, not a grouchy, four-legged human.
This past weekend she went above and beyond her usual aloof behavior. My cousins were over after church, and Wesley, who is like the "Horse Whisperer" of cats, and probably the person who likes The Cuteness more than anybody but me, found himself being attacked by Her Majesty for no reason. She started hissing & laying her ears back, and she would bite & claw at anyone who came even close to her.
I was petrified, and knew that I could no longer have a cat like that in the house, because of all the people I have over, especially children. I called the vet on Monday, and they wondered aloud whether maybe she had been hurt in her escepades outside, and that's why she was lashing out. Having seen no wounds, I was about to start calling animal shelters on Tuesday.
Well, when I got home early from work on Tuesday, to climb into bed and try to get rid of this nasty cold, my cat became the most cuddly she's ever been. She never left my side the whole evening, and slept on my feet the whole time I was in bed. While I was petting her, I felt a little "ouchy" by her mouth. Poor Cuteness. If she had just told me, instead of lashing out! I should have sent her up to my friend Cherilyn's house, because I have heard Cherilyn tell her children countless times, "Use your words!"
The Cuteness wrote an email to Uncle Wesley yesterday, asking for his forgiveness.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Linds,
Andrea told me about your blogsite and i have much enjoyed reading your interesting tales. Your kitty email reminded me of James Herriot and tricki woo. Thanks for brightening my day!

Anonymous said...

Linds!! Congratulations on your new position! I haven't been able to keep up on your blog, but was finally able to sit down and read a few. Way to go girl! May God continue to bless you in way you do not even expect.
-aud