Friday, March 18, 2005

It's All About the Packaging

I'm a sucker for packaging. If it comes in a cute little tin, or if it's wrapped in pretty, gauzy stuff, I'm all about it! But the other night on the way home from work, I saw such a sad attempt at packaging, that even I was not interested. Parked by the side of the road was the ugliest car ever. Propped up on it's windshield was a hand-written cardboard FOR SALE sign. And taped to the cardboard sign was a huge Christmas bow!

I could just hear what the person had been thinking. "This is a wicked ugly car. And the poor handwriting on the FOR SALE sign doesn't help much, but if we put a very large, very red, very pretty bow on the sign, it will make it a little more snazzy, and then people will want to buy this car. Yes, that will work! Let's do it."
I can't wait to drive by that house again & see if it worked!

No comments: