Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Randomness

~ I drove 45 minutes to Old Navy tonight, specifically because they have great, long jean skirts. There was not one long jean skirt in the store! Then I went next door to Gap. "Do you have any long jean skirts?" I inquired. "Yes," the salesgirl replied. "We have skirts that go to about here," she said, pointing midcalf. Seeing as she was taller than me, I figured that would be about ankle length on me. Excited, I followed her to the clothing rack. She pulled off a jean skirt & handed it to me. It didn't even clear my KNEES. Don't know where she found the whole mid-calf thing, but whatever. I have a plethora of short jean skirts, I just want a long one. She didn't seem to be to concerned about my dilema.

~ In the last week we got over 20 inches of snow.

~ Kerin was here this past weekend. Now I no longer look like trailer trash, with blonde hair & dark roots. And, she was here for the big snow storm, where we got over a foot of snow. It was beautiful, though it wrecked all our carefully laid plans. I do love it when she comes to visit!

~ Last night I was chatising a friend via IM to update their blog more faithfully. Then I realized that I hadn't posted since last Thursday, and decided I had no leg to stand on in blasting him. I hate it when that happens!

~ Yesterday on the phone I had some lady tell me, "My name is Jane - as in Tarzan & Jane. Today I sound more like Tarzan, but that's just because I have a sore throat. Trust me, I really am Jane!" I never doubted you, Ma'am.

~ Jill came over last night & we finished reading "84 Charing Cross Rd." I've read that book so many times, and each time cannot keep from crying at the end. That book tops my favorite book list.

~ Anwar is my favorite contestant on American Idol. (Not that I watch it or anything!) I wonder if he plays the guitar & rides a motorcycle??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found a great jean skirt (ankle length) at Eddie Bauer's outlet store, do you have one in your area and have you checked there? I bought mine last spring, right after the Memorial Day sale and it was only $5. :)

Btw, I too enjoyed 84 Charing Cross Road. I wanted to read Pepys Diary, but ended up getting it on tape (read by Kenneth Branagh) Imagine my shock when the story began with Pepys doing some very crass things (won't tell you on the blog) - just think the Miller's story in Canterbury and you get a slim idea. Anyways, that was the end of Pepys diary. I guess the only reason it's a classic is due to the fact it's so old. Oh well. Have you ever seen the movie: 84 Charing Cross Road?

Unknown said...

hey this is melody fulone. my mum's fav. contestant on american idol is anwar too! he is really good.
see you on easter sunday.
melody